Are you a procrastinator? Well, who isn’t at times? I think I felt in a procrastinating mood as I started to write this ezine. Then as I was thinking about what to write about, I looked down and saw the little stickie on my computer screen. It reads “DING. Do It Now Girl.” Isn’t that a great acronym, too? DING. As in the door bell is ringing, and you are going to answer it. As in the work is calling, and you are going to do it.
Here are some tips to help you DING.
- Have a schedule or deadline. Nothing like a deadline to spur you on to action.
- Remove the distractions. That would be all the bright shiny objects in your field of vision or the latest issue of your favorite art publication. You’ll have time
for them later.
- Get clear about what you are accomplishing and why.
- Break the task down into manageable bits if it’s really large. You don’t have to do it all, you just have to start.
- Set a timer. If you promise yourself to work for 15 minutes, odds are that you will keep going once you are into the project.And, if Do It Now Girl doesn’t resonate with you, try Do It Now, Go!
Please share your thoughts on how you handle procrastination on below.